Searching for the list of courses offered in ATBU 2022? See list of all courses offered in Abubakar Tagawa Balewa University and Departments, faculties present in ATBU.
The Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU, Bauchi was established in 1980 as the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Bauchi, located in the North Eastern part of Nigeria with Dr. Jerome Udoji and Professor A. O. Adekola as the pioneer Pro-Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor respectively, while Alh. Adamu Aliyu was the first Registrar of the University.
At inception, the University inherited the site of the former Bauchi State College of Arts and Science (BACAS) at Yelwa as temporary site. She also acquired 4,500 hectare parcel of land Bauchi-Ningi Road as its permanent site and another parcel of land along Bauchi-Maiduguri Road on which a residential estate for staff was developed; the estate is called Kari Estate.
The University academic units divided into Schools and Programmes at inception until 2014 when the National Universities Commission (NUC) approved the change of nomenclature from School to Faculty and from Programme to Department. The University started full academic activity at the Yelwa Campus in October, 1981 with the admission of its first batch of 100 students into her Pre-Degree Programme, while Degree Programmes began in 1982 in the School (now Faculty) of Science and Science Education. Two additional Schools (now Faculties), namely the School of Engineering and Engineering Technology and the School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology were established in the 1983/1984 academic session.
In 1984, under the rationalisation programme of the Federal Government of Nigeria, the University was merged with the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and was renamed the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa College, Ahmadu Bello University, (ATBC-ABU) with Professor Buba Bajoga as the Provost. The name of the College was in honour of the first Prime Minister of Nigeria, Late Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. In 1988, it was de-merged from the Ahmadu Bello University and regained its autonomy as a full fledge university. Prof Buba Bajoga, the former Provost, became the Vice Chancellor.
Additional Schools were later established as follows:
- The School (now Faculty) of Environmental Technology in the 1991/1992 Session;
- The School of Post Graduate Studies in the 1995/1996 Session;
- School (now Faculty) of Management Technology and
- The School (now Faculty) of Technology Education in the 2002/2003 Session.
The establishment of the School of Technology Education effectively separated Education courses from the Sciences, and the former School of Science and Science Education was renamed the School of Science.
Of recent, the University is in the advanced stages of concluding the establishment of the College of Medical Sciences.
The University Governing Council has since set-up Committees to ensure a smooth take-off of the College.
As a prelude to the establishment of the Medical College, the Bauchi State Government handed over the erstwhile Bauchi State Specialist Hospital to the Federal Government, and has since been converted to the University Teaching Hospital.
A major landmark in the history of the University is the relocation to the permanent site at Gubi. This began with the movement of the Directorate of Remedial Studies in 2008 followed by the Faculty of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology. The Central Administration also moved to Gubi Campus in November, 2010.
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University has about six(6) Faculties in total currently and upto 60 courses are offered there as discussed below.
Faculties Present In ATBU (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University)
Below are the faculties present in ATBU currently.
- Faculty Of Agriculture & Agricultural Technology
- Faculty Of Engineering & Engineering Technology
- Faculty Of Environmental Technology
- Faculty Of Management Science
- Faculty Of Technology Education
- Faculty Of Science
Courses Offered In ATBU
- Accounting technology
- Agric-economics and extension
- Agricultural engineering
- Agricultural science and education
- Animal production
- Applied geology
- Applied botany
- Applied ecology
- Applied zoology
- Automobile engineering
- Automobile technology education
- Banking and finance
- Building technology
- Building technology education
- Business education
- Business management
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer and communication engineering
- Computer science
- Crop production
- Education and biology
- Education and chemistry
- Education and computer science
- Education and integrated science
- Education and mathematics
- Education and physics
- Education and science
- Electrical/electronics education
- Electrical/electronics engineering
- Estate management
- Industrial chemistry
- Industrial design
- Information technology
- Library and information science
- Library and information science
- Management technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechanical/production engineering
- Mechatronics and system engineering
- Medicine and surgery
- Metal work technology education
- Petrochemical engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Physics and applied physics
- Quantity surveying
- Secretarial education
- Surveying and geoinformatics
- Urban and regional planning
- Vocational education
- Woodwork technology education
List Of Courses Offered In ATBU (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University) By Faculties
Faculty of Agriculture & Agricultural Technology
- Department of Animal Production
- Department of Crop Production
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
Faculty of Engineering & Engineering Technology
- Department of Agriculture & Bio-Resource Engineering
- Department of Automobile Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer & Communication
- Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical/Production Engineering
- Department of Mechatronics and Systems Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Technology
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Building
- Department of Environmental Management Technology
- Department of Estate Management and Valuation
- Department of Industrial Design
- Department of Survey & Geo-Informatics
- Department of Quantity Survey
- Department of Urban & Regional Planning
Faculty of Management Science
- Department of Banking & Finance Technology
- Department of Management and Information Technology
- Department of General Studies
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Technopreneurship
Faculty of Technology Education
- Department of Education Foundation
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Vocational & Technology Education
Faculty of Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Geology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Ecology
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University ATBU Admission Requirements.
If anyone wish to study any reliable course in Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University ATBU, Such candidate must met the School admission requirements which are listed below:
- Firstly, choose ATBU as the first choice of institution before any other consideration
- Be at least 16 years of age at the time of application
- Have at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in not more than two (2) sittings.
- Score a reasonable mark in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Board Exam (UTME)
- Have an acceptable/reasonable score in the post UTME screening exam conducted by the school
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Official List Of Courses Offered In ATBU 2022 (Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University)”.
I’ll like to hear from you soon via the comment section below.