Great news, Applications are open for SMART scholarship 2022 in the USA. This award is offered to international students of selected countries. The department of defense scholarship is offering an opportunity to study under Fully Funded scholarships in USA. The DoD scholarships are announced and open for the academic session 2022.
This is a combined educational and workforce development program funded by the Department of Defense (DoD). A great chance to get a guaranteed job after graduation. Also, paid internships in USA will be offered to interested students.
SMART Scholarship Details
- Award Country: USA
- Host Institute: Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation (SMART)
- Degree Level: Bachelors, Masters and PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: End of December
This is a Fully Funded scholarship with numerous benefits for its scholars. The benefits they will receive:
- Full tuition Fee and Educational Fee
- Annual cash stipends upto $ 25,000 – $ 38,000
- Paid Summer Internships
- Book and Health Insurance Allowance
- After graduation, scholars will be guaranteed a job in the Department of Defense.
Check the qualifications below to see whether you qualify for this once-in-a-lifetime chance. All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At the time of application, you must be a citizen of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom.
- By August 1, 2022, you must be 18 years old or older.
- Able to do at least one summer internship (multi-year scholars only).
- Requesting at least one year of degree financing prior to graduation (which begins on the program start date);
- Willing to work for the Department of Defense after graduation
- A current student with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Pursuing a technical bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the 21 STEM fields listed above.
- Be able to show a college transcript from a regionally accredited US college or university for the autumn of 2021, OR be pursuing a graduate degree at a regionally accredited US institution or university.
- To be eligible for the Scholarship, active duty military members must be separated or on terminal leave on or before August 1, 2022. Members of the Reserve and National Guard are eligible to apply. Current ROTC members who have made a commitment to serve in the military in the future are not allowed to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, Applications are invited from the eligible students from August to December of every year. The DoD SMART Scholarship forum is also open for any kind of help. The official link to apply is provided below.