List of Universities in the United Kingdom Where You Can Study Without Taking IELTS.
For foreign students, the United Kingdom has resurfaced on the map as a destination for study abroad with a two-year stay after graduation. Many students, however, are still unsure whether or not they may study in the United Kingdom without taking the IELTS exam. Yes, I believe that is the case. International students are not required to take the IELTS exam to study at UK institutions. There are numerous alternatives to IELTS that may be completed instead.
Aside from the IELTS test price, a person may be required to pay for IELTS training, devote more time to IELTS preparation, and retake the exam if they do not get the requisite score.
Universities in UK without IELTS if one has 60% in English (in 12th):
- Bedfordshire University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Bangor University
Universities in UK without IELTS if one has 65% in English (in 12th):
- University of Law
- Chester University
- Coventry University
- London Metropolitan University
- Middlesex University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Teesside University
Universities in UK without IELTS if one has 70% in English (in 12th):
- Bath Spa University (CBSE only)
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Bolton University
- De Montfort University
- University of Greenwich (CBSE & ICSE)
- Hertfordshire University (CBSE & ICSE)
- Sunderland University, London Campus
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Solent University
- Birmingham City University (CBSE)
- Wolverhampton University
- University of West of England
- University of West London (CBSE)
- University of South Wales
Universities in UK with other IELTS alternatives:
1. Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University gives option to the students who are not from English speaking countries to study in England without IELTS. There are different ways to prove your proficiency other than IELTS:
- If you have a low IELTS scores such as 4.0, you can attend their pre-sessional courses, which can run for weeks, depending on the proficiency required for the course you are attending.
- If you have not taken IELTS at all, the other option is to opt for the Summer Programme they have. The starting dates vary from May to December.
- Another program called “Foundation Certificate in English for Academic Purposes” is also there if a candidate requires more time to learn the language.
Study in UK for Indian Students without IELTS:
If you have studied from the given below boards, and have 65% or above, you are not needed to take IELTS. The respective boards are:
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
2. Bangor University
Another university in the list of universities in UK without IELTS is at Bangor University in Wales. It is known for its high percentages of employer prospects and employability. The University also offers multiple alternatives to IELTS.
- Opt for Bangor University English Language Test (BUELTS), an 8-week course called ELCOS (English Language Centre for Overseas Students) for the students who need an extension.
- There are pre-sessional courses for the students who have taken IELTS and do not have enough bands to attend their courses.
3. Robert Gordon University:
- It is one of the universities in Scotland without IELTS. At Robert Gordon University in Scotland, the students who are from English speaking countries are exempted, giving them a chance to study in UK for free. Here is the list of countries, exempted from IELTS:
|USA||Trinidad and Tobago||St Vincent and the Grenadines||St Lucia|
|St Kitts and Nevis||New Zealand||Jamaica||Guyana|
|Barbados||The Bahamas||Australia||Antigua and Barbuda|
- Pre-Sessional Summer Programs:
There are intensive English Language programs at Robert Gordon University, which you can attend in case you do not have the required level of English to start your program.
4. London Southbank University
This is one of the universities in London without IELTS. Students who are willing to study at London Southbank University can apply without IELTS if:
- They have at least two or three passes at GCE A Level with a minimum grade of C, or
- An international Baccalaureate Diploma with 24-30 points
5. University of Bristol
University of Bristol is one of the most well-known universities in England without IELTS, these are the criteria to get admission:
- Have completed 12th from a recognised board and institute.
- 75% in English with 60% of the average score in 12th
MBA in UK without IELTS
Many international students choose the UK for their MBA studies. But the thought of taking IELTS discourages them. But the good news is that you can pursue an MBA without IELTS in UK. You have to fulfil other eligibility criteria. Here is the list of UK universities for mba without IELTS :
|Name of the University||Study Program|
|University of Bedfordshire||24 Months -With Placement|
|University of Greenwich||24 Months – International Business|
|Middlesex University||24 Months -With Placement|
|De Montfort University||24 Months -MBA Global|
|University of Sunderland||24 Months -With Placement|
|University of East London||24 Months -Business & Marketing|
|Teesside University||24 Months -Business & Marketing|
Before applying to any MBA colleges in UK without IELTS check the eligibility criteria and requirements.