University of Benin (UNIBEN) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS) Admission Form, Courses, Requirements, Application Guidelines, Entrance Examination Date and Time, Deadline for 2022/2023 Academic Session [PGD, MSc, and PhD].
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) is now selling application forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 academic session. UNIBEN postgraduate programmes lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D DEGREES.
All application processes must be completed on or before 30th April, 2022.
UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the university of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass in Maths and English is required.
- Four credits of Ordinary level plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
- Candidates who obtained Masters degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a weighted average score of 60% or letter grade ‘B’ average in the Masters degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% or letter grade ‘B’.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
How to Apply for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form
Candidates are to purchase application forms online with valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the sum of N21,000.00 (Twenty one thousand naira only).
The form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the uniben Website,
www.uniben.edu. The following documents will be printed out from the Website:- application and referee forms. Any form not properly filled will not be treated. All application processes must be completed on or before 30th April, 2022.
Only candidate given admission into the various Pg programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees as stated below:
Total – N60,000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
Admission into some programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted on soon to be announced date at the Ugbowo campus. However, there will be no Entrance Examinations for some programmes. Admission into such programmes will be based on the general requirements approved by the Senate.