Universities That Accept Awaiting Results for Direct Entry (DE) for admission into 200Level in 2022 session.
Are you seeking admission through direct entry (DE)? Do you fall to the category of DE applicants who wish to use awaiting results for their registrations? You may want to know your position if your ND, NCE, IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB, and Cambridge Advanced Level results are not out but you do want to take advantage of the current JAMB DE form.
Direct Entry (DE) Applicants Are Allowed to Use A’level Awaiting Result
Yes. Applicants for DE are allowed to use awaiting results but which results precisely? Let’s see things further.
Before you apply for DE, you must be a holder of ND, NCE, IJMB, JUPEB, HND, BSC, etc. The final result called “the statement of result” or the certificate from any of these programmes will be needed at the CBT center where you will fill your DE application. The center will:
- Fill the details on it,
- Scan and upload it online
What if your previous school has not completed preparing the results for your set? What if they are yet to be giving results out to any of you that graduated the particular year? Can you use awaiting results to apply for you DE?
The answer is YES. Go ahead to the CBT center after obtaining the form and fill AR for your result.
However, you must visit any CBT center immediately your result is released. Take the printed copy to them for scanning and uploading.
Direct Entry Applicants May Not Use O’level Awaiting Results
A similar case is for DE applicants wishing to use SSCE awaiting results.
This is unusual though.
How did you complete your NCE, ND, IJMB, JUPEB, etc without SSCE result in the first place?
So, I don’t think it is done well if you have completed and awarded the result of your previous course using AR throughout.
If however, your case is that you wish to write a better SSCE result to pull the new admission, you may want to use SSCE awaiting results at this stage.
The conclusion here is that, once, you use awaiting result either you O’level or A’level qualification, you must go back to the CBT center as soon as it is ready for uploading.
Your admission will be on hold until this is done well. Neither school nor JAMB will give you admission with AWAITING RESULT status on your profile.
What CBT Centre will Fill For DE Applications Using Awaiting Results
- For those who use awaiting results for SSCE, the center will fill in AR for all your required subjects and leave the space for “scanned upload” empty until you return for reuploading later.
- For those using A’level awaiting result, the center will fill in AR for your grade, then you have zero (0) point.
- Note that no school will give you admission for 0 points.
Universities Accepting Awaiting Result For Direct Entry
As earlier said, if your grade doesn’t reflect in your registration, no school will give you admission. So don’t be misled that some schools may still offer you space notwithstanding.
Let’s see how admission will be processed to get a better idea of why.
- After your DE registration, JAMB will forward the list of applicants to the schools so they can prepare or invite you for their post-UTME/DE or screening (whichever the school is using).
- The school conducts the entrance and/or screening. Then if you pass, they forward the list of applicants they prefer to JAMB
- JAMB checks to see that you’ve uploaded all your results i.e SSCE and NCE, ND, etc during or after the DE registration. If things are all completed, they give you admission through JAMB CAPS which you must accept before you can be able to print your JAMB admission letter.
- Then, the school is sent the final list before they upload that to the school portal for you to see and pay your acceptance fee.
In summary, if anything is missing in your JAMB profile especially any of your results, your admission will be on hold (even if the school wishes to give you) until you do the right thing.